Chlorine Gas Scare at Dodge County Home
Wasioja, MN (KROC-AM News) - A mishap involving swimming pool chemicals at a home in Wasioja Wednesday morning sent three people to St. Mary’s Hospital to be evaluated for exposure to chlorine gas.
A statement issued by the Dodge County Sheriff’s Department says deputies and other emergency responders were sent to a home on the northeast side of the small town in response to a 911 call concerning a chlorine explosion. The deputies discovered that two different water shock treatments were being mixed together in a bucket and the concoction began boiling as the bucket was being carried through the home to the pool, resulting in toxic fumes inside the residence.
Two adults and a juvenile were found outside experiencing breathing difficulties from exposure to the gas. They were brought to Rochester for treatment after being evaluated at the scene. The Sheriff’s Department also called in a veterinarian to check on several pets on the property.
The incident was reported around 10:15 a.m. and the emergency crews cleared the scene about two hours later after fully ventilating the home.