CO Poisoning Blamed for Death of Young Woman Near Fairmont
Fairmont, MN (KROC-AM News) - A 21-year-old woman was found dead in an ice fishing house on a lake in south-central Minnesota on Sunday.
A statement issued by the Martin County Sheriff’s Department says deputies were called to Lake Wilmert around 2 p.m. after the young woman was found unresponsive inside an ice fishing house. She was pronounced dead at the scene, the apparent victim of carbon monoxide poisoning.
A 20-year-old man was also found in the ice fishing house. The Sheriff’s Department says he was transported by ambulance to the Mayo Clinic Health System Hospital in Fairmont, and was then airlifted to St. Mary’s Hospital in Rochester for treatment. Three other adults also sought treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning at hospitals in the Fairmont area.
The name of the deceased woman has not been released and there is no information available about the condition of the man hospitalized in Rochester.