Have You Ever Stole Anything?
I remember being 5 years old and getting caught stealing a Tootsie Pop at the Mini-Market on Minnehaha Avenue in St. Paul (hey, it was over 42 years ago, cut me some slack!). How I wished I would have spent that nickel...
Just about everyone has stolen SOMETHING in their life, even if it was by mistake.
From USA Today, here are five things almost EVERYONE steals.
1. Pens. In one survey, 70% of people who work in an office said that a co-worker has stolen a pen before. And we do it by mistake so often that doctor's offices actually tie them to clipboards.
2. A spot in line. Which is like stealing other people's time. One study found that when someone cuts, people object to it 54% of the time. But if two people try to cut together, it jumps to 91%.
3. Something from a hotel room. With stuff like shampoo, it's not actually stealing, because they want you to take that stuff. If you don't, they'll just toss it. But 35%of people admit they've also stolen things like towels and sheets.
4. Lighters. Which people steal by MISTAKE all the time. Especially smokers, because they're in the habit of using a lighter and immediately putting it in their pocket.
5. Condiments, straws, and napkins. The best example is ketchup packets. You probably have 50 of them sitting in a drawer, just in case you ever run out of ketchup you actually paid for.