MANKATO, Minn. (AP) — A man has been arrested after Mankato authorities say he falsely reported that he had received a bomb threat regarding the city's marathon.

City spokeswoman Shelly Schulz says a 911 caller told the Nicollet County Sheriff's office he had received an anonymous call saying four bombs had been placed on the Sunday race route.

Schulz says authorities identified the caller and worked with his phone provider to determine that he never received any such threat.

The man was arrested Saturday on probable cause of terroristic threats, a felony.

The Associated Press is not naming the man because he has not been formally charged.

The CEO of the race-management company indicated the marathon would continue as scheduled.