Most Absurd State Fair Foods
Although we're a little ways away from our great state get-together, I'm looking forward to getting some deep-fried goodies at the Minnesota State Fair in late August. Deep fried olives
on a stick sound good to you?
Here are the eight of the most ABSURD fried foods being served this summer at state fairs around the country.
1. Fried scorpion. In Arizona, naturally.
2. A fried stick of butter, Iowa.
3. Fried beer, Texas. It's basically a ravioli with beer inside. And you have to be over 21 to buy it.
4. Fried Kool Aid, California. The Kool Aid is rolled with dough and deep fried.
5. Fried Ice Cream Cheeseburger, Florida. You get a cheeseburger with a bun, bacon, cheese, lettuce, and tomato . . . then a deep fried scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
6. Fried sugar cubes, Texas.
7. A fried 'Fat Elvis on a Stick,' Wisconsin. It's peanut butter, chocolate, and bacon rolled in banana batter and deep fried.
8. Fried White Castle burgers, California.