New Fun Summer Treat to Try on the Grill This Summer
The grill isn’t just for meat anymore!
The weather's finally cooperating this weekend, and if you're like me, you'll use any excuse like this to toss some food up on the grill!
It's not that I get bored with always throwing the same old things on the grill all the time, but if you look around you'll see that the new hot trend is to grill anything and everything.... including fruit! I'm 36 and I'd like to think I'm pretty good around a grill, but I've never grilled fruit before. I've both heard and read about people grilling watermelon but recently I spotted something about using lime and cilantro for a twist... and I can honestly say that it's worth a try!
There's something about the combination of the sweetness of the watermelon with the acidity of the lime and finally the crispness of the cilantro that brings it all together so magically! So I decided to share this recipe because it's perfect for trying out the next time you have people over and you want to serve something that is over the top delicious!
Here's what you do:
- Slice up the watermelon into slices or any way you prefer
- Take one lime and juice it
- Take a bit of the lime juice and mix it with olive oil (about 1 to 2 tablespoons) equally, and brush it onto the watermelon
- Place it on the grill and make sure you get some good char marks on both sides, around 3 to 5 minutes per side
- When the watermelon is done brush some more lime juice on and finish it all with a dash of sea salt. The salt is key because it brings out the flavor
- Finally, sprinkle on some chopped cilantro and enjoy!
Do you have any fun grilling recipes to share with us? Be sure and email me them at email@example.com and I'll include them in a new blog later this summer!