Rochester Paramedic Revives Man Who OD’d on Drugs
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - A man nearly died from an apparent heroin overdose early Thursday outside a Rochester apartment complex.
Police Captain John Sherwin says the 31-year-old homeless man was unresponsive when a Gold Cross ambulance crew arrived at the Olympik Village complex in the 400 block of 31st St NE around 2 a.m.
Sherwin says the man was found on the ground with a tourniquet on one of his arms. A friend who was with him is the one who called for help. A paramedic gave the man a dose of Narcan and he came to. He was taken to St. Mary’s to be checked out.