Suspect Still Being Sought in Minneapolis Club Shooting
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minneapolis police have a long list of witnesses to interview and so far, no credible information that's led to an arrest for a nightclub shooting over the weekend.
Nine people were shot inside the 400 Soundbar early Saturday. Two of the victims were seriously wounded and are expected to survive. The rest suffered minor injuries.
The city quickly revoked the club's license and ordered it closed. Owner Johann Sfaellos tells the Star Tribune that he doesn't know how the shooter was able to get a weapon past club security.
Assistant Minneapolis Police Chief Matt Clark says the shooter had an intended target in the club. Clark believes the shooting was gang related.
One of the shooting victims was Minnesota Vikings defensive tackle Linval Joseph . He has since rejoined the team at the Mankato training camp and is expected to recover in time for the start of the regular season.
Joseph took part in meetings Sunday morning, but he probably will be held out of practice for the next week or two.
General manager Rick Spielman says an examination by the team's medical staff of the wound around Joseph's calf revealed no cause for concern. Spielman says "there was no wrong done by Linval" and that he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
In a statement distributed by the Vikings, Joseph says he's "extremely thankful" the injury was minor.