The Art Of Catching Some ZZZ’s
Sleep is a rare commodity these day it seems for most. Did you know there is a science, or an art, if you will, to getting a nap in? Scientists say that even people who get eight hours a night in will feel better if they nap. Remember how in kindergarten we had those little mats we could place on the floor half way through the day and nap a little? I loved that! Here are some facts about napping:
1. A 10 to 20-minute nap gives you a boost in alertness for two hours plus!
2. A one hour nap gives you more focus and also improves memory and learning.
3. A 90-minute nap puts you through a full sleep cycle which gives you many benefits.You'll be more alert, your memory is better, you are capable of learning more, being more creative and your performance improves.
4. 10 minutes should be your 'default' nap time. It's far better than five, 20, or even 30 minutes in a recent study.
5. Most people don't have any time for a nap, but doing anything will help they say. Even if you just rest your eyes for a minute, or, even just THINK about taking a nap, y ou can reduce your blood pressure.