The Best Facebook Post About Getting to Work in Rochester on Friday
Today, Audrey Caseltine is my guest blogger, and she tells the story of 'The Friday Morning from Hell!'
February 24 at 7:32 a.m. · Rochester ·
My morning: work starts at 8:30 a.m.
- Wake up at 5:00 a.m. Check cancels. Buses still running.
- 5:50 a.m. Check cancels. Buses still running.
- 6:00 a.m.. Buses still running. Leave house. Bundle up Nanuk of the North style
- 6:10 a.m. At bus stop. Wait. Check cancels. All buses canceled for today. Growl. Walk home.
- 6:15 a.m. Shovel driveway so it's wide enough for my car to get out.
- 6:35 a.m. Get car stuck at the end of driveway in the snow that the plow just piled up as you left garage.
- 7:15 a.m. 2 neighbors, 3 shovels, 20 pounds of kitty litter and 1 plow guy later your car is back in the garage and you are back in the house.
- 7:30 a.m. soaked clothes are drying, purring cat on lap. Disgruntled you are not at work.
Let's hear it for 2 neighbors, 3 shovels, an empty litter box, and a plow guy! I'm so glad I was snowed in!