The Cutest Cubs Fan Sings Take Me Out to the Ballpark! [Videos]
In honor of the World Series, it's time for the cutest of the cute! A kid in his car seat, belting out Take Me Out to the Ball Game and he kills it!
Searching the internet for this version I found out some cool stuff! Thanks Wiki.
- "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" was written in 1908!
- It's everywhere...practically the anthem for MLB the anthem...but the two songwriters had never been to a game!
- They both finally saw a game, but one guy waited 20 year, the other 32 years!
- The song debuted at a ballpark in 1934...at a Los Angeles high school!
- You've only been singing 1/3 of the song! Check out the lyrics and the video.
These are the 1908 lyrics!
Katie Casey was baseball mad,
Had the fever and had it bad.
Just to root for the home town crew,
On a Saturday her young beau
Called to see if she'd like to go
To see a show, but Miss Kate said "No,
I'll tell you what you can do:"
Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd;
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
I don't care if I never get back.
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win, it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game.
Katie Casey saw all the games,
Knew the players by their first names.
Told the umpire he was wrong,
Good and strong.
When the score was just two to two,
Katie Casey knew what to do,
Just to cheer up the boys she knew,
She made the gang sing this song...