360,000+ Popular Refrigerators Recalled in Minnesota Due to Faulty Ice Maker
You know how you grab ice out of the freezer on a hot, summer day and expect, well, just ice? If you've got a refrigerator at your house, keep reading because unfortunately, over 360,000 refrigerators have been recalled in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin and throughout the U.S. due to parts of the ice maker breaking, pieces of it showing up in the ice and causing a choking hazard.
360,000+ Refrigerators Sold in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin Recalled Due to Ice Maker Parts Breaking
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, a recall has been issued for Frigidaire and Electrolux Side-by-Side, Top Freezer and Multi-door refrigerators due to the ice maker breaking. So far, 185 reports have been made to Electrolux indicating the ice level detectors breaking. One injury of gum lacerations has also been reported.
The recalled products were sold with a price range of $1,200 to $4,300 between April 2020 until March 2022 at the following stores:
- Lowe’s, Home Depot and appliance stores nationwide and online at Frigidaire.com
The following are features as well as brand names, model numbers and serial numbers of the products involved in the recall:
- 13 models of Frigidaire refrigerators
- one Electrolux model refrigerator.
- All of the products recalled feature an ice maker and come in stainless steel, white and black.
- Size of the refrigerators range from 23 to 36 inches wide.
- The brand name, model and serial number for each unit is printed on a label located on the right panel in the interior of the refrigerator compartment.
Brand - Model Number/Product Type - UPC Code - Serial Range
- Frigidaire Prof. - PRMC2285AF - French Door - 0-12505-64714-7 - 1K90974428 1K21374177
- Electrolux- French Door ERMC2295AS - 0-12505-64715-4 - 1K91272383 - 1K21374610
- Frigidaire - Side by Side FRSS2323AB - 0-12505-64786-4 - 4A11005907 - 4A21110079
- Frigidaire - Side by Side FRSS2323AW - 0-12505-64787-1 - 4A11010081 - 4A21112264
- Frigidaire - Side by Side FRSS2323AD - 0-12505-64788-8 - 4A11314335 - 4A21112489
- Frigidaire - Side by Side FRSS2323AS - 0-12505-64785-7 - 4A11005673 - 4A21201870
- Frigidaire - Side by Side FRSS2333AS - 0-12505-64789-5 - 4A11317863 - 4A21112732
- Frigidaire - Side by Side FRSS2623AB - 0-12505-64772-7 - 4A12104890 - 4A21204442
- Frigidaire - Side by Side FRSS2623AW - 0-12505-64773-4 - 4A12012169 - 4A12012280
- Frigidaire - Side by Side FRSS2623AD - 0-12505-64774-1 - 4A12219737 - 4A20906066
- Frigidaire - Side by Side FRSS2623AS - 0-12505-64771-0 - 4A04409324 - 4A21200876
- Frigidaire - Side by Side FRSS2633AS - 0-12505-64876-2 - 4A12012169 - 4A13402496
- Frigidaire - Side by Side FRSS26L3AF - 0-12505-64792-5 - 4A11203977 - 4A21116296
- Frigidaire - Top Freezer FFHI1835VS - 0-12505-64680-5 - BA92424713 - BA21210491
What you should do if you have one of the refrigerators that are part of the latest recall
If you find that you've got one of the products that are part of the recall, Consumer Product Safety Commission has indicated that the ice makers should be stop being used immediately. You also need to empty the ice bucket and have a technician replace the ice maker. You can contact Electrolux at the following:
- 833-840-5926 from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET Monday through Friday,
- Online at www.icemakerrecall.com, www.electrolux.com, www.frigidaire.com