5 Perfect Minnesota Train Rides to Admire the Fall Colors
Peak fall colors are coming to Minnesota! And fall doesn't last forever so let's make the most of it by admiring all of the amazing colors on one of these train rides. Only in Your State put together this list of train rides to take in Minnesota to look at fall colors (in no particular order!).
- Excelsior Streetcar Line - This one is located in Excelsior and is about a half-mile long (about a 15-minute ride). Their website says it was "built on the former right-of-way of the Minneapolis and St. Louis Railway." They stop at their carbarn where you can take a look at "a photo gallery of hotels, trains, paddlewheel boats and landmarks from the 1800s." It's a part of the Minnesota Streetcar Museum and you can check out the schedule of rides HERE.
- Como-Harriet Streetcar Line - This one is also part of the Minnesota Streetcar Museum. This ride is also about 15 minutes. It operates between Lake Harriet and Bde Maka Ska. Check out more information on their website.
- Osceola & St. Croix Valley Railroad - These guys are ready for fall! They have fall color trains, a pumpkin express, and even a fall color dinner train coming up on Saturday. Take a look at awesome photos and information about each of the train options HERE.
- North Shore Scenic Railroad - If you're planning on taking a trip up north, check this one out. It departs from Duluth takes you "deep into the majestic north woods." There are windows all over the train too so you won't miss anything! Check out more information HERE.
- Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad - Another option if you're going north, this one is also in Duluth. They have two trains that depart every day. You can take a look at drone footage to see just how cool this train ride is HERE.
Hang out with Carly Ross on The Mighty 920 KDHL weekdays 1-5pm!