5 Tips on How to Put On Fake Lashes from Rochester Expert
Full disclaimer: I own 2 dresses, both of which I haven't worn in over 5 years. I haven't put earrings on since the stay-at-home order was put in place and lip gloss is my lipstick, but I have no idea where that might even be right now.
In other words, I don't know how to do make-up. No one has ever shown me how to blend or help me understand why there are multiple colors that should be going on your eyelid. I have no clue. That's why I enlisted an expert when I was chosen to "Put on Fake Eyelashes" for the Y-105FM Wheel of Epic Adventures.
Huge thanks to Michele Branch, licensed esthetician and owner of Branch Out Day Spa, who joined me for a fun Instagram live video. You can watch the whole thing below as I stumble through this process in my bathroom, or just follow the 5 tips below.
5 Tips for Putting on Fake Lashes
1) Pick Your Lashes - Glue or Magnetic. I've never been successful at either types but if you are trying these out for the first time, try magnetic. They are extremely easy!
2) Trim if Needed. Check the length of your lashes and see if they might be too long for the length of your eyes. Michele explains what that means and looks like in the video and how to trim your lashes if needed.
3) Put your other eye makeup "and face" on. Grab your foundation, blush, eyeshadow and make it all happen.
4) Apply the glue or magnetic mascara. This was tough and as Michele said, "it takes practice". The magnetic mascara is A-Maz-Ing though and I thought it was a lot easier than the glue. Apply it, let it dry, and apply again. The directions on the type that I used said to put three layers on.
5) Gently put your lashes on. Start at one side and carefully put them on so they snap on. It doesn't hurt and it should just snap together. If it isn't on quite right, gently start at one side and pull them off and try again.
What's the Wheel of Epic Adventures? While you are staying at home and social distancing, James Rabe and I from Y-105FM are entertaining you with fun pranks and challenges...and it is all random. We never know who will be picked or what the challenge will be until we spin the wheel and flip the coin on Wednesdays. Listen to the Y-105FM Early Morning show to hear the latest and catch up on the fun adventures by watching all of the videos here.