5 Ways To Make Friends In Rochester
I just moved to Rochester almost three months ago and I'm loving every moment of it. The only thing I've been struggling with is finding friends to hang out with. I was talking to my friend who lives in Duluth a few weeks ago and she recommended "online-friending." At first, I was against the idea, but now I'm so grateful I did it! Here are the five ways I've made friends in Rochester.
- Sports Teams - Coed sports teams are a great way to get active and meet people. Not only do you meet people on your team, but you also meet people on other teams as well. I just started playing soccer and I've met so many great people that way.
- Meetup.com - This is a great website. You type in things you are interested in and your location. After that, it connects you to groups of people who have similar interests as you. I haven't actually gone out on an outing, but I have found some fun things that I plan to do.
- Thursday's Downtown - A few weeks ago, I decided to fly solo at Thursdays Downtown. There was this group of people that looked around my age standing around, so I introduced myself to them. Well, I left with a friend and I'm so glad I did that.
- Bumble BFF - Never did I ever think I would be on Bumble, but when I found out they had a friend app, I decided "online friending" was the way to go. There were some interesting characters, but I did end up finding a really good friend on there. We are definitely going to be life long Rochester besties. She's so much fun to hang out with.
- Rochester Newcomers Connection - One of my coworkers recommended this one. I was searching on their site and they have multiple groups that meet at least once a month. If you want to go out to dinner, they have a group for that. Does coffee sound better? They have a group for that. I can't wait to check out the fun things they do.
So if you are adulting and feel like you can't make friends, just know you aren't alone! We are all in the same boat and hopefully, this helps you meet some cool people and do some cool things.
Paisley Dunn Get's You Home From Work On Quick Country 96.5 Weekdays 3pm-7pm
Paisley Dunn Wake Up With You Weekday Mornings on Kat Kountry 105 6am-10am