Blooming Prairie Schools Prepare for January 11 Return to Class
As the new year begins, the return to the classroom gets closer for most Minnesota students. Blooming Prairie Schools are planning for a January 11 return to in-person for elementary students and hybrid model for high school. Superintendent Chris Staloch emailed, "Our goal is to have our students and staff return safely to our buildings, the more we know, the more we can safely plan."
Staloch wrote, "Per the new MDH (Minnesota Department of Health) close contact guidelines, students, and staff who have had one close contact experience may be considered for an earlier return date to school if they meet certain criteria. To request an early return for your child please contact the school."
He says to notify school nurse Amanda Rennie at email@example.com "if your family is working through a COVID situation...For ALL early returns, students must have no symptoms and had only one contact exposure."
Dates to note for those in the Blooming Prairie School District:
- January 4 - winter sports practice and extracurricular activities begin
- January 4 through 7 - distance learning for all BP students
- January 8 - no school to allow for staff transition day
- January 11 - elementary students resume in-person class; high school on hybrid
- January 14 - the first day varsity sports events can be held
Staloch added, "We have seen some significant improvements in COVID data in our area. We look forward to your children returning to our buildings and to a successful second half of the school year."
FUN: Explore The Outdoor Classroom in Byron, Minnesota