Eight of the Dumbest Laws In Minnesota
Well since most of us have either dug out or are in the process of digging out I found myself with a little extra time on my hands. So I decided to look up some of the dumbest laws that are still on 'the books' as they say. Some of these are absurd, others simply forgotten about or rarely enforced. BUT I must insist, breaking the law is not something you should do intentionally. That being said here are the 8 dumbest laws I found in Minnesota.
- From the City of Cottage Grove - Airplanes may not be landed in city parks. I have to hand it to the City of Cottage Grove, no one wants aircraft landing near a jungle gym.
- From the City of Minneapolis - People are forbidden from walking in and/or down alleyways. We all know that's what sidewalks are for.
- From the State of Minnesota - The land of 10,000 lakes declares mosquitos a public nuisance. Definitely a good law to have, arrest those blood suckers!
- From the State of Minnesota - It is illegal to stand around any building without a good reason to be there. Hmmm
- From the City of Minnetonka - Driving a truck with dirty tires is considered a public nuisance. Around here we just call that living!
- From the City of Minnetonka - Any person who persuades another to enter a massage therapist business after 11:00 PM is guilty of a misdemeanor. My mother always said nothing good happens after 11pm.
- From the City of International Falls - cats are not allowed to chase dogs up telephone poles. How would they get down?
- From the City of Minneapolis - Red cars may not drive down Lake Street.
There are plenty of other strange of dumb laws on the books across the state, these were just some that were found.