It’s that time of year again; our little Village in the Valley will be hosting its annual Mazeppa Daze celebration Thursday Jul8th thru Sunday July 11th.
The Mazeppa Veterans Honor Guard will be hosting their Field Of Honor all weekend long. Opening ceremonies will be held on Thursday July 8th, 2021 at 7 p.m. Head down to the Jacyee’s Park to show your support for those that have served and continue to serve our country.
Preceding this year’s Field of Honor opening ceremony is a new event to the weekend line-up, the crowning of the first annual Miss Mazeppa. Join us at 6 p.m. for an introduction to the Miss Mazeppa Royalty.
The annual parade on Friday night starts at 7 p.m. Entries are still being accepted; send an email to email@example.com for further inquiry. After the parade, the annual Friday night street dance will be in full swing at The Walking Bridge, with performance by Nite Shift, before the small fireworks show (to get everyone pumped for Saturday night!)
There is not lack of fun on Saturday July 10th:
• 6 a.m. – 11 a.m.: The annual pancake breakfast at the Community Center
• 7 a.m. until done: Start of the softball and volleyball tournaments, with their continuation into Sunday.
• 9:30 a.m.: The annual 5k fun run/walk will start; feel free to contact Mazeppa City Hall at 507-843-3685 for further details.
• 2 p.m.: Annual Duck Races! Tickets are only $5, sold in various locations.
• 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.: The Lions’ annual Chicken and Beef BBQ at the Lions Park.
• 8:30 p.m.: Herb Vik Field Street Dance; music provided by Hayden
• Dusk: In our humble opinion, the BEST fireworks display in SE MN at the Herb Vik Field.
Sunday July 11th knows you were up late watching fireworks, so start times are a bit later: The tractor pull will start at 10 a.m. The 6th annual firefighter water fights start at 11 a.m., and at the Lion’s Park is the annual classic car show starting a 12:00. In addition, the softball and volleyball tournaments will continue starting in the morning.
Mazeppa Daze attracts thousands of spectators every year. Please, plan accordingly. There is always heavy traffic. Be safe, be smart, and most of all, have FUN!