Free Ice Fishing Event For All Kids in the Southeast Minnesota Area
Free Ice Fishing Event For All Kids in the Rochester, Minnesota Area
It might be extremely cold in Minnesota during the winter but there are so many fun adventures waiting for us to enjoy. If you've got kids, keep reading because there is a free event on February 19th that your kids will LOVE and they could win some incredible prizes.
10th Annual Youth Ice Fishing Expo Planned for February 19th at Chester Woods Park
If you've got kids, add this free event to your calendar! Project MN Youth Outdoors is once again hosting a free ice fishing event at Chester Woods Park. This will be the 10th Annual Youth Ice Fishing Expo and if you've had a chance to enjoy the event in the past, you know that there are trophies and a ton of prizes for the kids to take home. Here are a few details to know about the event:
Everything You Need to Know About the 10th Annual Youth Ice Fishing Expo
- When: February 19th, 2022
- Where: Chester Woods Park
- Time: Registration starts at 10:00 am. The tournament starts at 11:00 am.
- Ages: For kids ages 3 to 15
- What to bring: If you have fishing gear, please bring it to use. If you don't have fishing gear, it can be made available upon request. You need to dress for the weather so be sure to bundle up in your snow gear.
- Cost: Free!
- Lots of prizes! Drawings! and Trophies for top finishers!
- Learn more at the Facebook event here.
Watch for more fun events throughout the year scheduled by Project MN Youth Outdoors
One page that you'll want to follow on Facebook is Project MN Youth Outdoors. They've got a ton of fun online contests happening and that's a great spot to get all the updates on the other fun events scheduled for youth in our area.
13 Things You NEVER Want To Do When It Is Freezing in Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin
You know the days when your nose hairs freeze as soon as you walk outside? Yep - those are days when we get the title of "Hearty Minnesotan!". Look below because when the temps dip below freezing there are 13 things you NEVER want to do.