Gas Leaks Prompts Evacuation of John Marshall High School
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - A natural gas leak prompted the evacuation of a Rochester high school Friday morning.
Superintendent Michael Munoz reported on Twitter that students and staff safely evacuated John Marshall High School around 11:30 a.m. because a gas leak had been detected on the south side of the building. The Rochester Fire Department and crews from Minnesota Energy Resources responded to the scene and the students and staff were allowed back into the school about an hour later.
The School District indicated the boiler at the high school had been shut down while the leak was being repaired.