Good Old-Fashioned Advice
Recently a friend sent me a quote from the great philosopher and cowboy Will Rogers who once said “Never squat while wearing your spurs”.
While I don’t own any spurs and try to avoid squatting when I can…it got me to think about other great sayings with similar sentiments…
1) Never kick a cow chip on a hot day
2) Always drink upstream from the herd
3) Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment
4) You know you’re getting old when everything either dries up or leaks
5) Letting the cat out of the bag is a whole lot easier than putting it back in
6) If you’re riding ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it’s still there
7) When you wish you could go back to your youth…think of Algebra
8) If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging
9) Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it
10) The quickest way to double your money is to fold it and put it back in your pocket
Feel free to share your own “words of wisdom”. Sometimes it can help you get through tough times and even put a smile on your face.