Hundreds Are Gathering To Walk For Breast Cancer…And You’re Invited!
Cancer doesn't care who you are, what your job is, how many people are in your family, or how much money you have. It just doesn't.
Breast cancer is a little bit picky as far as what gender it decides to attack but it is estimated by the American Cancer Society that in 2018, 4,500 women will be diagnosed with new cases. Here's what might shock you a bit more though...men are diagnosed as well.
Women and men are diagnosed with breast cancer every day in our community and luckily, an amazing nonprofit is ready to help those individuals through their journey; Join the Journey. This organization provides a mentoring program called Pink Ribbon Mentors, support groups, a dragonboat team that meets at Silver Lake, and several resources for patients. You can learn more about what they provide or even request support at their website: www.jointhejourney.us
This group is only able to help the hundreds of breast cancer patients that they see each month with the help of donations. The easiest (and most exciting!) way to help this organization continue to make a positive difference for breast cancer patients is by registering for the 14th Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Walk! Here's the info to know and links for registering:
14th Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Walk
- Sunday, September 16th, 2018
- Mayo High School in Rochester, MN
- 5 mile walk with family fun for everyone! Balloon animals, temporary tattoos, education booths, snacks, lunch, and t-shirt included!
- Halfway stop takes place at Silver Lake & includes a chance to sit and try out the Join the Journey dragonboat!
- Register online today at: www.jointhejourney.us (registration also available day of the event)
- Check out the time and other event details at www.jointhejourney.us or on the Facebook event page (click here)
- And...all of the money raised at this event stays right here to help those in our community!