LAKE DELTON, Wis. (AP) — Junior league hockey players sickened by a carbon monoxide incident at a Wisconsin Dells rink over the weekend are taking the day off from practice.

Getty Images

Authorities have blamed an ice resurfacing machine for the incident that sent dozens of people to hospitals Saturday. The problem was discovered after players and others began feeling ill at a Lake Delton ice rink during a game between the Dells Ducks and Rochester Ice Hawks.

Ducks head coach Bill Zaniboni said Monday the player treated in a hyperbaric chamber at a Milwaukee hospital has returned home. Players reported headaches, dizziness and nausea and one player passed out.

Ice Hawks President Michael Fatis says the incident makes a good case for a Wisconsin regulation similar to a Minnesota law which requires carbon monoxide detectors at ice rinks.

( From Minnesota News Network )  -  A carbon monoxide leak also sickened youth hockey players at Teamsters Arena in North Fargo yesterday.  It's still not known how many kids became ill but some were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at a local hospital.  Hockey dad Mike Procknow says some players got sick while on the ice, but most became ill later.

Officials measured carbon monoxide levels of 110 parts per million.  Levels at nine parts per million are considered dangerous.  The source of the leak is still under investigation but points to either a faulty heating system or a malfunctioning Zamboni ice machine.

For 24/7 news and sports check KROC AM

For 24/7 news follow KROC-AM on Facebook