Machine Gun Kelly Apparently Got Electrocuted While Performing: WATCH
Machine Gun Kelly says he was electrocuted while performing over the weekend.
On Friday (Feb. 10), MGK performed as part of the Waste Management Phoenix Open event at Coors Light Birds Nest in Scottsdale, Ariz. On his Instagram Story, the rapper shared a video of what appeared to be him getting electrocuted by his microphone or audio equipment.
“YOOO I GOT ELECTRICUTED [sic] AND MY HAIR STOOD UP,” MGK wrote alongside a video of his hair suddenly shooting straight up as he performs.
Watch the wild moment, below.
It's unclear if the hair mishap was a prank, caused by static or the result of a legitimate electrical malfunction. Regardless, MGK whipped his hair and continued on with his set, seemingly unfazed.
According to TMZ, no EMTs were called to the scene to examine the pop-rocker. Following his performance, he and fiancée Megan Fox attended Drake’s pre-Super Bowl party.
The “Bloody Valentine” singer is set to perform Saturday (Feb. 11) at the Sports Illustrated Super Bowl party concert.
MGK attended the 65th Annual Grammys with Fox prior to the onstage mishap. He was nominated in the Best Rock Album category for his album Mainstream Sellout but lost to Ozzy Osbourne’s Patient Number Nine.
Fox dedicated a sweet social media post to MGK after the telecast.
“Congratulations on being in the very small percentage of artists who have received a Grammy nomination. You have handled this process with a grace and maturity that I haven’t seen from you before and I’m so proud of you," she captioned photos from the event.