LOOK: New Luxurious Glamping Experience Awaits On Minnesota’s North Shore
Camping is a fantastic way to get out and experience nature as well as spend quality time with your favorite people. It does require a lot of prep to make sure you have the equipment, food, and supplies you need and that they are properly packed. That's why glamping is such a great alternative.
What is glamping? Short for glamourous camping, it means that the place you're going has just about everything you need already set up and all you have to do is show up, get comfy, and enjoy being immersed in nature.
Recently, North Shore Camping Co. opened for business and they offer a cool glamping experience in Beaver Bay, located on Minnesota's scenic North Shore. They have a variety of walk-in sites featuring tälts that are fully outfitted with everything that you need. This can be both a massive time saver and a stress reliever.
Check out the list of amenities that are provided at their glamping sites:
- 3 Barebones rechargeable lanterns. (these are so great you’ll want to get one of your own in our camp store).
- 2 flashlights
- Solar-powered Jackery power station.
- Breeo X Series Grilling Edition firepit and grilling tools.
- 1 complimentary bundle of firewood each afternoon.
- 5-gallon water dispenser.
- Flatware, serving utensils, steak knives, a paring knife, a chef knife, a veggie peeler, and scissors.
- Enamel dishware
- Corkscrew, bottle opener, can opener, colander, french press, and water kettle
- Dish tub, drying rack, dish soap, scrubber, paper towels, and tin foil
- Bedding and Pillows
- 24-hour access to Base Lodge restroom and showers, equipped with towels, hairdryers, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.
- Books and games that can be borrowed from the camp store
- Access to the pool, hot tub, sauna, and lakeshore at next door Cove Point Lodge on Lake Superior.
- A two-burner camp stove is provided in the summer and early fall.
- If you have a dog, North Shore Camping Co. also has dog cots, blankets, bowls, and waste bags for an additional fee.
North Shore Camping Co. also offers a camp cocktail hour and a nightly campfire "cirkel" if you want to mingle with others who are camping there. As for the tälts themselves, there are three varieties to choose from and they all come walk-in ready.
Kung tält: 2-Person Glamping Tent featuring a king bed
Bunk tält: 4-Person Glamping Tent featuring 2 twin bunk beds
Dubbeltält: 4-Person Glamping Tent with 2 queen beds + amenities for 4
A big additional bonus to North Shore Camping Co. is the location. You don't have to venture too far to explore the Superior Hiking Trail and make sure to bring a bike to enjoy the Gitchee Gami Bike Trail and the Split Rock Wilds Mountain Bike Trail.
If you want camping to be a part of your outdoor plans this year but feel too time-crunched to plan it all out and pack, then a glamping experience like this would be perfect.
Reservations are now being accepted online for each variety of tälts that they offer. Get ready to head up to the North Shore!