Man Burned After Boat Catches Fire At Rochester Storage Site
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - Rochester firefighters responded to an unusual call Tuesday - a boat fire.
They were sent to Rochester Storage at 926 37th Avenue NW around 10 am and found a boat on fire in the parking lot.
The Rochester Fire Department says a man who had been in the boat was able to crawl out but not before he suffered burns. RFD says the man was treated and transported to St Mary’s hospital by ambulance.
Fire crews were able to get the fire out quickly although they had some difficulty because a tarp was covering the boat and propane cylinders were inside.
There is no word yet on the cause of the fire or extent of damage.
LOOK: See the iconic cars that debuted the year you were born