Rochester: $20k Up for Grabs For Best Duck Tape Prom Dress/Tuxedo
Rochester, listen up! Duck brand Duck Tape is giving away $20,000 in cash and prizes for the best prom dress or tuxedo...or any prom attire, really...as long as it's made out of duck tape! And as long as you don't live Arizona, Maryland, Tennessee, Colorado, North Dakota, or Quebec.
They've been doing this for a bunch of years, but there's a big change this year. Since not everyone is going to be able to attend prom in person, this year the requirement for you to wear your creation prom attendance is waived.
You DO still have to be enrolled in high school or a home school (at the high-school level) during the 2020-2021 year.
How's It Work? All the rules and regs are here at Stuck At Prom.com
"CREATE AND WEAR your original & unique promwear using Duck® brand duct tape and/or Duck® brand crafting tape (see Official Rules for details). Remember to take a high resolution pic of the big moment!"
They really stress ORIGINAL, because people can't win if they violate copywrite laws.
So it’s best to avoid outfits that include:
- Characters from movies, books, or video games.
- Sports teams and sports personalities
- Brand and other logos
- Album covers and lyrics from bands or musicians
- Pieces of art
- And Ye Olde Many More.
How much duck tape does it take to make a dress?
Last year's winners:
- Ainsley - 81 hours & 14 Duck Tape® rolls
- Lena - 146 hours & 12 Duck Tape® rolls
- Peyton - 395 hours & 41 Duck Tape® rolls
- Zipporah Wills (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) - 120 hours & 20 Duck Tape® rolls
- Anna Knall - 40 hours & 10 Duck Tape® rolls
- Courtney - 90 hours & 9 Duck Tape® rolls
- Ashton - 80 hours & 27 Duck Tape® rolls
- Joshua - 96 hours & 20 Duck Tape® rolls
- Erick - 105 hours & 25 Duck Tape® rolls
- Larry - 43 hours & 25 Duck Tape® rolls
In other words...could be a LOT of duck tape!
If you're under 18, you have to have your parent's/guardian's signature.
- Dress and Tuxedo Runner Up: $500 x 4 Four Dress and $500 x 4 Tuxedo Category Runners Up will each win a $500 Cash Scholarship and Duck Brand Prize Pack worth $100.
- Dress and Tuxedo Grand Prize: $10,000 will be awarded to the winner of the Dress and the Tuxedo Category.
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org
Listen to James Rabe and Jessica Williams Weekday from 6 - 10 AM on Y-105 FM
And speaking of kids...