Rochester Fire Department Investigating Two Dryer Fires
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - Rochester Fire Department crews were called to an apartment complex early Saturday to check a report of smoke in a hallway.
The source? Not one, but two clothes dryer fires.
The call came in around 4:30 am from Edgewood Apartments at 897 16 Avenue SE (Building A).
Smoke was found on the first and second floors of the building.
It was traced to the laundry rooms on both floors. Crews found “a smoldering fire in the dryer of the first floor laundry room.”
They then found “active flames” in the dryer on the second floor.
The building was evacuated until the fires were out and the smoke was ventilated.
RFD estimated damage at $1500.
The incident is under investigation by the fire marshal’s office.
News update: Need a Covid shot? Mayo Clinic is offering three walk-in clinics this coming week.
LOOK: 50 images of winning moments from sports history