Rochester Man Involved in Brawl Admits to Felony Assault Charges
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - A Rochester man has admitted to first-degree assault and other charges stemming from a large brawl outside a northwest Rochester residence almost 2 ½ years ago.
20-year-old Esad Mujic also entered guilty pleas to a couple counts of second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon on Thursday.
He and two other men were arrested in June 2013 after a melee broke out on the front lawn and in the street in front of a home in the Diamond Ridge neighborhood where a party was taking place. Police responding to the fight were told Mujic had been asked to leave, and the brawl broke out when he returned with two other young men. A witness told investigators Mujik struck a person on the back of the head with a club. Another person was also hit on the head with a club and required emergency surgery for what was described as a life-threatening brain injury.
Mujic had been scheduled to stand trial next week. His sentencing hearing has not been scheduled.
One of the other men charged in the case was earlier sentenced to over 6 years in prison.