Rochester Police ID Suspects Connected to Drug Search at Motel
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News)- The Rochester Police Department has released the identities of the seven suspects connected to a drug-related raid at a motel Wednesday.
Officers executed a search warrant at Rochester's Motel 6 after determining there was a risk of juveniles overdosing on fentanyl and other drugs. A Police spokesperson said their investigation uncovered possible drug sales were taking place at the motel. Officers obtained the warrant to search five rooms
Rochester Police Captain Casey Moilanen shared the enforcement action taken against the seven suspects following the execution of the search warrant:
Charles Harrison Hadler, 19, Lake City
- Charges referred to the County Attorney’s Office for 5th Degree Controlled Substance Crime
Heather Nicole Nery, 30, Rochester
- Arrested for two counts of 5th Degree Controlled Substance Crime
Anthony Dominique Lindsey, 31, Rochester
- Arrested for violating a Domestic Abuse No Contact Order and Gross Misdemeanor 911 Interference
Shomari Haneef Carter, 27, Rochester
- Ticketed for Obstructing the Legal Process
Malik Lincoln Hilton, 25, Rochester
- Arrested on an outstanding misdemeanor warrant
16 year old male juvenile from Rochester
- Facing potential charges of 5th Degree Controlled Substance Crime. He was turned over to his parents
Moilanen also said the arrest of 23-year-old Kanell Powers on Monday on suspicion of drug possession is connected to the case. The arrest report accuses Powers of possessing counterfeit painkillers and chewing on them in an attempt to destroy them while he was being transported to jail.
Police say the motel search turned up seven grams of methamphetamine, dozens of suspected counterfeit oxycodone pills, a small amount of marijuana, and related drug paraphernalia. From previous investigations locally and elsewhere, authorities have found that counterfeit oxycodone pills often contain fentanyl.