Rochester Singer-Songwriter Performs New Original Song Live on Veterans Day
Today is Veterans Day, and this morning there was a special live, "ThankYou Veterans" broadcast in SE Minnesota. People calling in to thank loved ones for serving, comments from Spotted In Rochester being shared, and a live performance of a very powerful song, fitting for this day.
Click Play to Hear the Veterans Day Show, Scroll to Watch Emily Perform Battleworn
Unfortunately, our music licensing agreement doesn't allow us to podcast the music portion of the show, and many veteran shoutouts ran from 8-9:30ish over music. I did my very best to fit as many in as I could. Thank you for sharing your loved ones and we thank them for their service.
4 Things You May Not Know About Veterans Day
Info from Military.com
- There's no apostrophe. It's "Veterans Day," not "Veteran's Day." That may seem a little grammatically picky, but "The Department of Veterans Affairs notes that Veterans Day is a day for recognizing the veterans with us right now. "Veteran’s Day” with an apostrophe would instead be a day that belongs to veterans."
- Veterans Day used to be a Monday holiday, like all the Federal holidays. "But many states disagreed with the choice, especially since Veterans Day was designated as November 11 – 11th month, 11th day, 11th hour – for historic reasons." So in 1975 Congress and President Ford changed it back, and in 1978, Veterans Day was back to being celebrated on November 11.
- Until 1954 It Was Armistice Day. That's where the 11s comes in. Armistice Day recognized the armistice agreement that ended WWI on Nov. 11, 1918. But by 1954, we had two Wars to End All Wars, so they updated the name.
- Marines get two days of celebration. First, November 10 is the Marine Corps birthday, and with November 11 following closely every year, "Marines traditionally are given a 96-hour liberty to mark both holidays together – and recover from their service birthday festivities."
If you're going out to thank someone for their service, run thru this list FIRST.
Veterans Day Discounts + Freebies in Southeast Minnesota
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: email@example.com
13 Musicians Who've Served in the US Military
The Huge Kitchen Is Just One Great Feature of this Pill Hill Home
- Tons of mature trees and beautiful landscape surround this lovely home.
- On .68 of an acre and all within minutes to St. Mary's, the Mayo Clinic Campus and the Plummer House.
- This elegant and traditional floor plan offers 5 bedrooms, 4 baths and a 2-car garage with additional outdoor parking areas.
- Painted woodwork, Cherry cabinets and hardwood floors are just a few highlights.
- An addition was put on in 2003 to create a large living room and sunroom area showcasing fabulous natural light and a hot tub room that goes out to the private patio and gazebo.
- Over 5000 sq. ft with formal dining, private offices, awesome storage space in the lower level and many bonus rooms.