Ronald McDonald House Walk A Success
The first ever Ronald McDonald House Family Walk was a part of this year's Med City Marathon events. Ronald McDonald himself led the walkers on this 2-mile scenic stroll around downtown Rochester. Many of the walkers sported red and white striped socks (just like Ronald wears). All proceeds from the walk went to the Ronald McDonald House of Rochester.
The Ronald McDonald House is a 'home away from home' for families with seriously ill children. Formerly known as the Northland House, the 613 2nd St SW location officially became a Ronald McDonald House in 1990. Five years later a bigger house was built just down the street at 850 2nd St SW. This is the 20th anniversary of the present building which last year served nearly 1000 families from over 43 states and 12 countries