URGENT! Immediate Need for Type O+ blood in Southeast Minnesota
Roll Up Your Sleeves! URGENT and IMMEDIATE NEED for Type O+ blood
What are the inventory levels of blood products right now in Rochester, Minnesota?
According to the Blood Donor Program website with Mayo Clinic, the following levels were reported for whole blood as of July 17th at 8:00 am.
- O Pos = 46% (Urgent need for donations)
- A Pos = 59% (Urgent need for donations)
- B Pos = 89% (Require donations to return to adequate inventory levels)
- AB Pos = 100% (Adequate inventory levels. Please keep your appointments.)
- O Neg = 70% (Require donations to return to adequate inventory levels)
- A Neg = 58% (Urgent need for donations.)
- B Neg = 88% (Require donations to return to adequate inventory levels)
- AB Neg = 100% (Adequate inventory levels. Please keep your appointments.)
Our plea for Type O+ blood continues! Even though the community has responded, our patients’ needs continue to remain high and we have seen another dip in our local Type O+ blood supply.
If you do not know your blood type, now is the time to find out! Call 507-516-5259 to schedule your donation appointment – we need your help this week so please don’t hesitate! - Blood Donor Program - Mayo Clinic Facebook Page
Make an Appointment to Donate Blood in Rochester and Help Save 3 Lives!
Why donate blood? That’s easy – it helps save lives. In fact, each blood donation can help save up to 3 lives – a mother, a daughter, a brother, or a friend - and all blood collected at the Mayo Clinic Blood Donor center is used locally.
I'm not just saying to give just to write words. I actually know a few people in the ICU right now and obviously, thoughts and prayers are needed, but so is blood. This blood shortage is a serious issue in our area and throughout our country and lives are depending on this blood. If you've never given blood before, I promise, it is super easy and it only takes about an hour...and you get a free cookie!
3 Locations in Rochester, Minnesota where you can donate blood.
- #1 - Mayo Clinic, Hilton Building, First Floor, 210 2nd St. SW, Rochester, MN 55902
- The Mayo Clinic Blood Donor Center's location on the main floor of the Hilton Building is open weekdays from 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with special late-night hours the second Thursday of each month.
- #2 - Mayo Clinic Hospital, Saint Marys Campus, Joseph Building, Main Floor, Room M-86, 1216 Second St. SW, Rochester, MN 55902
- The Mayo Clinic Blood Donor Center's location at Joseph M-86 is open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- #3 - (Mayo Clinic Employees Only) Superior Drive Support Center
- Tuesdays, 8 am until 3 pm
How to make an appointment to donate blood in Rochester, Minnesota
Same-day appointments are available! Just call (507) 284-4475 to see about openings or at a time that works best for you.
Learn more about the Mayo Clinic Blood Donor Program at their website here.
Who really benefits from the blood that I give?
There are so many patients that are receiving care in Rochester for so many different reasons. Your blood could be reaching kids that are fighting cancer or even a celebrity that is getting care in our town. The land of Mayo Clinic sees many celebrities that are kept top secret but if you scroll a little bit, you'll see a few that have been patients at Mayo Clinic.