Vehicle Traffic Impact Begins Monday On Rochester’s N Broadway
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - The ongoing reconstruction of Rochester’s North Broadway will result in another change that will affect motorists.
The city Public Works Dept. says “the work zone will extend further south” beginning Monday.
The following change is scheduled to begin:
- · North Broadway Avenue will be completely closed to all vehicle traffic from 7th -13th streets until late August. The 7th St intersection will remain open for eastbound, westbound and southbound travel.
- · Local traffic and business access for North Broadway will utilize side streets (5th St -13 1/2 streets) and the mid-block alleys east and west of North Broadway.
The following impacts currently in place will continue:
- · North Broadway Avenue will be closed to through traffic between Civic Center Drive and Silver Lake Drive until November
- · Through traffic will detour via Silver Lake Drive
The Silver Lake Trail on the south side of the lake will re-open via a temporary pedestrian and bicycle path. This temporary route, for pedestrians and cyclists alike, will use 12 Street NE and North Broadway Avenue to connect trail users to the Cascade Creek Trail and the Silver Lake Trail on the north side of the lake. This temporary route will be in place for the first phases of the project and will be modified as the work locations shift throughout the 2021 construction season.
· Rochester Public Transit:
· Routes 101, 102, and 21 will detour along Silver Lake Drive NE. Temporary bus stops will be installed along the detour routes. See rptride.com for more information.
News update: Austin police report deadly shooting.