Funny Things Kids Say to Santa
A tradition in our house every year around Christmas was writing a letter to Santa Claus. Oh, the funny, creative things that kids will ask Santa. My oldest daughter, liked to say, “Santa, are you real, and can I pull on your beard.” Children just seem to have a natural talent of being humorous.
Here are some cute quotes from Santa letters by children, between 5 and 7 years of age, found on www.hubpages.com.
- “I know I behaved really badly this year, but I promise to behave much better next year - so will it be okay if you still come and visit me with presents?"
- "Can Mrs. Santa come instead? I'm very sorry but I'm scared of you!"
- "Could you make me prettier than my best friend? That's the only present I would like."
- “If I wake up please don't go away without leaving presents - you made a lot of noise last year and I couldn't help it, I heard and my eyes just kind of opened! But you left nice presents. Please can you do the same again even if my eyes open up?"
- "Don't worry if Jack, our dog, barks! He doesn't mean to be bad. Making a bark is just what dogs do. So please leave the presents anyway. If you are very, very scared to come in if Jack barks then could you just leave the presents outside?"
- “I love you Santa, how do your reindeer fly? And does Rudolph really like carrots?”(I remember this being said in a letter to Santa, written by my youngest daughter.)
- How old are you? Very old, a thousand? Maybe fifty? (A Cute video on YouTube).
- Here is a modern day request!
- "Dear Santa, if you bring presents with batteries, bring batteries.” (Courtesy Single Mom On a Budget / Jill Bender) and www.dailymail.com.
- You Better Watch Out!
- “Dear Santa, you better bring my pony this year, or there will be consequences!”(www.people.com)
"Children seldom misquote. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said." ~Author Unknown