Don’t Miss Rochester’s 9th Annual Chili Challenge
The Chili Challenge is this Thursday (9/14) at the Peace Plaza from 4-8 PM. 2,500+ are expected to attend and sample delicious chili from over 25 participants.
The participants include local businesses, restaurants, and other community representatives. In addition to the food there will be family activities, live music and beer! The Homebrew Competition is back by popular demand for a third year. Over 20 local beer enthusiasts will offer samples of their own beer for tasting. Some of the best brewers in Rochester and southeast Minnesota will also be on hand.
You’re invited to enjoy the delicious food and drink and help pick a winner!
Chilies will be judged by judges in the following categories:
- The Real Deal– any kind of meat or combination of meats, cooked with chili peppers, various other spices, and other ingredients with the exception of items such as beans or spaghetti, which are strictly forbidden.
- Anything Goes- the name says it all
- Vegetarian- this is a chili made without any meat products
The following categories will be judged by the public:
- Peoples’ Choice- people attending the Chili Challenge will vote on their favorite chili
- Spicy Spirit- people attending the Chili Challenge will vote on their favorite decorated booth and enthusiastic team
- Kids’ Choice- kids attending the Chili Challenge will vote on their favorite chili