True Story: Facebook Predicted James Rabe’s Freak Out Last Night
I usually don't nap after 4 PM. What's the point, I go to bed between 7:30 and 8:30, so why bother? Well, I napped after 4 PM and I paid the price. The funny thing is...if I'd checked today's Facebook Memories, I'd have known NOT to nap. Really.
Here's the scoop. Last night at 6:05, I woke up, looked at my phone, saw 6:05 and FREAKED OUT! Holy Crap, I'm late. Really late! I try to be at work between 4 and 4:30, so 6:05 is so bad. I'm running around like la chicken with its b'gawwwwwkin' head cut off!
- Yesterday's underwear...on! (don't judge!)
- Yesterday's socks...on! (you're judging!)
- Yesterday's shirt...on! (oh, you're not even trying to hide it now!)
- Can't find my shoes...WHERE'S MY SHOES! Shoes on.
- Grab my phone. Check the time to see how late I'm going to be, Oh, so late.
- Text a co-worker to let them know I'm on my way (why haven't they called? Bo has the day off, they know I should be there, why haven't they called!).
- Almost out the door, get a text back asking, "Who is this?"
It's at this point that I notice it's after 6 PM. Not AM. Huh. It's still Tuesday. Everything's OK. I'm not late. I'll be OK. Phew.
I reply to the "Who is this?" text. I type, "Mike" and hit send.
Now...how did Facebook predict all this? I'm eating dinner (fried egg sammich made with toasted Great Harvest Bread Co. Cheddar Garlic...om nom nom) and I almost choke when I scroll thru my Facebook memories and see this post from 2013. Click play on the video and prepare to be freaked out.