146 Year Old Home In Plainview Minnesota For Sale
$320,000 - 510 4th St SW, Plainview, MN 55964
Attention, people that love Minnesota history, the Thomas Bolton house is for sale! It was built in Plainview, MN in 1876, has three bedrooms, and 2 baths, and is rich in hardwood detail. Scroll down to see the gallery.
Tons of neat details fill this home, including a unique hanging rack in the laundry room. "Ma, where do I hang my shirt?" On the bed, dear. (HINT: Look up)
Who Is Thomas Bolton and Why Does Plainview Care?
Scroll to see the photo gallery.
According to an article supplied by Barbara Timm on uscwarchived.net, Thomas G. Bolton was in agriculture, pharmacy, and business. His family arrived in Wabasha in 1855, and after much study and many years working in Wabasha, in 1863, he moved to Plainview to run the town's first drugstore.
In addition to the pharmacy, Bolton was a farm implement dealer for a bit and was editor of the Plainview News.
Finally, it was time for Plainview to have their own electrical company, so he and other leaders in town got together and organized the Electric Light Co, which he managed until what the bio says was "his illness." He died on April 21, 1917
For $320k You Can Own Plainview, Minnesota Home Built in 1876!
- Home has lots of updates, yet many original woodwork.
- Walk into your front entrance to the beautiful open staircase gorgeous hardwood floors.
- Home boasts 10' ceilings throughout the main level.
- Main level bathroom has in-floor heat.
- Stainless steel appliances and main floor laundry.
- Enjoy sitting on your wrapped covered porch that has a brand-new sidewalk up to it. Come and see this gorgeous home!
It's that time of year, the time when we get in our cars and check out amazing light shows!
Beautiful Christmas Light Displays in the Faribault, Owatonna Area
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: email@example.com