30,000+ Adorable Chairs Sold in Minnesota Recalled Due to Injuries
A super cute chair that was sold at Marshalls, T.J. Maxx, HomeGoods, and Homesense stores throughout the nation, including in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Illinois, has been recalled due to 19 people reporting injuries. Some of the injuries were pretty serious and even caused broken ribs and a collapsed lung.
30,000+ Chairs Recalled in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Illinois Due to Collapsing
A few months ago, I almost bought one of the recalled chairs at TJ Maxx because I have a vision for our back patio. Right now, it is just rock and grossness but with a little money and super cute items, my neglected patio could be the go-to spot for my family in the summer. Now, I'm glad I didn't spend the cash on this egg chair because I may have had to spend more at the ER.
Here are a few details about the recall from the Consumer Product Safety Commission:
- The chair was sold at T.J. Maxx, Homegoods, Marshalls, and Homesense stores throughout the United States from December 2018 through April 2022
- The cost was between $300 and $350.
- It was sold under the brand names of Tommy Bahama and Martha Stewart.
- They all have a round cushion for seating. 8 of the 9 styles sold also included an additional pillow.
- There is a hangtag attached to the product and includes one of the following style numbers: PMK-6501, PMK-6503, PMK-6503-N, PMK-6505, PMK-6506, PMK-6507, PMK-6508, PMK-6509, or PMK-6510.
- 27 reports have been made indicating the chairs have collapsed or tipped over and 19 injuries have been reported. Those injuries include cuts, scrapes, soreness, and one report of broken ribs and a collapsed lung.
What to do if you have purchased the recalled product
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission website, you should immediately stop using the product and return the item to any Marshalls, T.J. Maxx, HomeGoods, or Homesense stores. They have the option of providing a full refund to you or a refund in the form of a store gift card. You can also contact the company to see how to disassemble and dispose of the chair to qualify for a refund. Here's how to inquire for more information or if you have questions:
- Marshalls toll-free at 888-627-7425 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday
- Online at www.marshalls.com
- T.J. Maxx at 800-926-6299 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday,
- Online at www.tjmaxx.com
- HomeGoods at 800-888-0776 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday
- Online at www.homegoods.com
- Homesense toll-free at 855-660-4663 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday
- Online at www.homesense.com
- Customers can also email customer service at email@example.com
Golf at 8 Courses in Southeast Minnesota for Just $99