6 Foods You Can’t Buy Right Now In Minnesota
The internet basically broke earlier this year when news broke that a popular ice cream product was being discontinued in Minnesota and throughout the United States. Yes, the Choco Taco was terminated last year and the world reacted like a 2-year-old. No one wanted to share their ice cream and little temper tantrums erupted demanding that the company keep the product. Although that was quite the spectacle, it did seem to overshadow 5 other products that disappeared in 2022 too.
6 Foods You Can No Longer Get in Minnesota
1. Choco Taco - back in July, Klondike announced that the Choco Taco was going to be discontinued. After the word "discontinued" was posted, every individual that has ever enjoyed a bite of a Choco Taco came out in full force buying every last Chaco Taco to see on the internet. If you want a Chaco Taco right now, there are quite a few for sale on eBay including one that can be shipped to you in dry ice. It is only $25,000! I would rather buy a new car.
Everyone that loves this product seemed to be demanding that the decision be reversed. Adults were acting like toddlers that just lost their favorite blanket. It was interesting to watch. All of that crying and whining may have helped though because the latest news is that the company is trying to figure out how to get Choco Tacos on ice cream trucks. For now though, they are gone.
2. The Ch'King at Burger King - shhh...this one had a quiet getaway from our world.
According to CNN.com, Burger King showcased the Ch'King on their menu back in May 2021 but due to the difficulty level of actually making the sandwich, it was pulled from the menu in August 2022.
3. Chili's Original Chicken Tenders
One of the main items that Chili's has been serving since the 80's said "goodbye" in 2022. If you've been biting into that chicken the last 40 years, you were one of the many that enjoyed the original recipe and probably complained when it disappeared. The company did add a similar item though that they are claiming is crunchier and juicier and are calling it the Crispy Chicken Crispers.
4. Honest Tea - This one makes me sad. I love Honest Tea but the good people over at Coca-Cola who own the company are focusing on a few other brands at the moment. As a result, Honest Tea is getting the boot.
There are quite a few types of Honest Tea still being sold on eBay so if you are wanting one last sip, the sellers must not have gotten the memo yet because there are a few that are still affordable.
5. McDonald's McRib - there are 2 people in the world that are ok with this news - myself and my friend, Dave Wheeler. The rest of the world needed a day off of work when McDonald's revealed in October that the McRib was taking a break for "a while following this promotion".
Just in case you want one last bite, you can buy a McRib on eBay as well for $960.95.
6. Wendy's Vanilla Frosty - now don't freak out, I know you love to dip your french fries in this. The chocolate and peppermint are hanging around while Wendy's revamps the flavors for the frosty. The rumor is that vanilla will be coming back, just not sure when exactly.
What other products are missing in 2023?
I knew about a few of these products but CNN compiled all 6 of the above in a list a few weeks ago. But are there any other products or menu items missing in 2023? Let me know what you were sad to see leave over on my Facebook page - Jessica On The Radio.