A New Way of Shopping Is Now Available at HyVee Stores in Minnesota
A New Way of Shopping Is Now Available at Hy-Vee Stores in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin
I was at Hy-Vee the other day and noticed some brand new signs up that said "Scan & Go". I had no idea what it meant or how it worked so I asked one of the cashiers in Rochester, Minnesota about it as I was checking out the old-fashioned way but she said, "I don't know what that is.".
So, I figured it out myself. Since new things can sometimes be a bit scary, I thought I'd walk you through it just in case you were curious or not sure how it all worked either.
Hy-Vee Scan & Go is our NEW mobile checkout technology, offering a quick and convenient way to shop and pay for your groceries. Currently, Hy-Vee Scan & Go is being piloted at select Hy-Vee locations. - hy-vee.com
According to their website, all four of the Rochester, Minnesota Hy-Vee locations are part of the Scan & Go pilot so you can try it out at your favorite location in the med city. If you live in another state, check the hy-vee.com website to see the full list of stores participating in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and South Dakota.
How the Scan & Go Shopping Works at Hy-Vee Stores in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin
Before you start writing out your grocery list, there are a few things to know to make the Scan & Go Shopping work. Just follow the steps below that Hy-Vee has laid out for us and you should be shopping without any issues:
- STEP 1: Download the free Hy-Vee Scan & Go app.
- STEP 2: Create an account.*.
- If creating your account from home, click the navigation bar and select “Log in / New Account.”
- If creating your account from the store, select the “Start Shopping” button.
*Enter the phone number tied to your Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks account
- STEP 3: Scan item barcodes on your smartphone as you shop.
- STEP 4: Pay directly from your phone with a quick stop at the mobile checkout kiosk, located at the front of the store.
- STEP 5: Complete the in-app survey to share your feedback.
A Few Important Things To Know About the Scan & Go Shopping Option at Hy-Vee
If you are planning on trying this new way of shopping, there are a few important things to know before you walk out of the store with your groceries.
- This new way of shopping is free and you don't need to have a minimum purchase.
- Only credit and debit cards are accepted right now while shopping using Scan & Go.
- You can't use print coupons right now with Scan & Go. You can load up digital coupons though through your Fuel Save + Perks account.
- Look in the store for the specific locations where you can weigh your produce for Scan & Go shopping.
- You can use your own reusable bags, and the company actually suggests using those as you shop in the store for your items. If you don't have any though, that's ok! You can use their complimentary bagging station near the mobile checkout kiosk.
- Speaking of "mobile checkout kiosk", look for those near the other checkouts. That is where you go to pay and where employees may ask to review your purchases. A small percentage of orders will be flagged randomly to be checked by staff so just a heads up if that happens.
See more frequently asked questions about the new Scan & Go shopping program here.
Have you tried the new Scan & Go shopping at Hy-Vee?
If you've tried it, Hy-Vee would love to get your feedback but I also want to know what you thought of the whole process. Let me know over on my Facebook page - Jessica On The Radio - or via e-mail at email@example.com.