Last Minute Gift Ideas That Teachers Really Want
My kids have been counting down the last days of school since January...so I knew that this day was coming. The end-of-the-year concerts have been listened to and the final field trips are over. Yep - the school year will be done and even with all of the advance warnings, I am in a rush to get last minute gifts for all of the teachers.
I needed some ideas so I asked my friends on Facebook - including teachers - and found the most popular gift ideas (and a BIG no-no!).
Last Minute End-Of-The-Year Teacher Gift Ideas
- One teacher shared "One million dollars"...and it sounds great and teachers do deserve a raise but that one I just can't pull off, especially for 16 teachers on my list.
- Several teachers suggested a handmade drawing/thank you from the student. I even saw a Facebook post earlier today where a teacher said they started crying as they were reading all of the precious notes for their students.
- The number one gift idea is a gift card. Where? Here are the places that were suggested: coffee shop, a local restaurant, salon for massage/manicure/pedicure, Target, Barnes & Noble, or a favorite ice cream spot.
- Post-its, Sharpies, or other school-related items can also be helpful to teachers and will help stock their supplies for next year.
- Wine was also a suggestion...but not sure my kids can bring alcohol to school. ;)
What NOT To Get:
What did you buy for a teacher this year? Share your gift idea in the comment or send me a note on my Facebook page or Instagram.
Listen to Jessica Williams weekdays from 10 am to 2 pm on Y105FM!