List of Rochester Gyms Providing Free Online Workouts
I am a full-fledged gym rat. I know what it means to have goals and needing a gym to make those happen and right now, people are scrambling to figure out how to get those workouts in.
My gym addiction started because I had a year where I not only had physical therapy to learn how to walk correctly again but I needed a gym for some of the exercises to make that happen. Then...I got hooked...became a fitness instructor certified in a very long list of classes, most dealing with strength training and helping women and cancer survivors, but I even became a USA Boxing Coach. Yes, I have hit people in a ring.
I noticed that quite a few gyms and fitness instructors were stepping up and bringing their classes online, not just for their members but for anyone. It's a great way to still get that interaction with an actual human being but it is great for your health too! Here's a list that I found that you might want to give a try:
Rochester Athletic Club - they've got a few workouts on their Facebook page ready for you!
- Tabata workout - this will get your heart pumping super fast
- Resistance-Based workout you can do with items at your house
- Upper body workout you can do at home with bands
Yoga Tribe MN - everyone could use more yoga right now!
125 Live - I've hung out with a lot of these instructors in person and now you can virtually!
- Cardio and Strength - Brent is going to take you through the class as you workout at home.
- Yoga - try this at-home yoga class that is great for all fitness levels
- Cardio Drumming - if you've got kids, they would love this one too!
- Check out their Facebook page to see the schedule of their virtual classes! You can find it here.
Detour Athletics - the staff is supportive and working hard to continue that support while we are all staying at home
Anytime Fitness - Online classes led by ScheffStrong, a personal trainer in Rochester, MN
Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center - Mayo Clinic - they are doing Facebook live classes and have a few on their page to try right now.
- QuickFixx1 - this looks similar to a Tabata workout but it has a little longer for work and slightly less time for rest.
- Kickboxing - a little fun with some power
- Strength workouts - these are live on their Facebook or you can find them archived on their page. Here's a link to one to help get you started.