Minnesota Home Was Just Featured On ‘Ugliest Homes In America’
I don't want to say this house in Minnesota is unattractive, but it WAS just featured on the TV show, 'Ugliest Homes in America.'
My wife and I watch a LOT of shows on HGTV, from House Hunters to Renovation Island and more. If you're looking for pretty much any reno show, you'll find it there. We watch it so much, in fact, it's pretty much the main reason we also subscribe to Discovery+, where you can stream most, if not all, of those HGTV shows.
However, I wasn't familiar with the HGTV show 'Ugliest Homes in America.' Here's how HGTV describes it:
Comedian Retta travels across the country to tour properties nominated by their owners as the ugliest home around. After crowning the worst of the worst, designer Alison Victoria surprises the homeowners with a jaw-dropping $150,000 renovation!
The show's currently in its second season, and in the episode that aired on Sunday night (Aug. 7th), called 'The Not-So-Great Lakes' (S2 E5) Retta traveled here to the Land of 10,000 Lakes to check out a particularly ugly home somewhere in Minnesota's 'Great Lakes Region.' (I'm not 100 percent sure just WHERE the 'Great Lakes Region' of Minnesota is, but this Facebook post from a homeowner in Lake Elmo says they were on the show Sunday, perhaps that's where this home is located.)
The episode guide says she checks out homes that look like 'a real-life Victorian dollhouse, a lake house with a funky odor and a former church,' according to HGTV. However, according to the popular Instagram account Zillow Gone Wild, we can see a pictures of the 'ugly' Minnesota home, and learn a few facsts about it. For instance, the post says the home was built back in the 1960s by a woodworker, who apparently wasn't too good at his craft, because 'he didn't construct it right so some doors in the home don't open as they should,' the post noted.
You can check out the pictures below. And, yeah, I've got to agree with its inclusion on a show about ugly houses! If you didn't catch Minnesota's entry on 'Ugliest Homes in America' on Sunday, it appears the episode (S2 E5) will air again on HGTV on Sunday, August 21st at 9 am and again Friday, September 2nd at 9:30 am. (And of course, it's streaming now on Discovery+)
Listen to Curt St. John in the Morning
Weekdays from 6 to 10 am on Quick Country 96.5
GALLERY: $650,000 Rare Pill Hill Home for Sale with 6 Places To Pee!
- Nicely updated & modernized mid-century home is sure to grab your attention. Curb appeal and coveted location near Downtown, Folwell Elementary and parks/trails!
- Rare find, only available due to seller's relocation plan.
- Walk to Folwell School & Mayo Clinic Campus.
- Delight in the details of this home with hardwood floors throughout, detailed built-ins, crown molding, French doors, and 2 fireplaces.
- 5 bedrooms
- 6 TOTAL BATHS
- House has a new roof as of June 2022, a new garage floor, and driveway concrete.
- Over 50k recent updates inside the house. Be blown away with its artfully designed front and back yard.
- Partially fenced back yard for privacy and could easily be fully fenced for pets. This is the home.