New Children’s Business Fair in Rochester Happening on Saturday
If you've got kids, you already know that they are amazingly smart. In fact, the next huge invention of our time could be coming from a child in the Rochester, Minnesota area. It's true! If you've got kids, check out the first-ever Children's Business Fair happening in Rochester on Saturday, August 6th.
Everything you need to know about the Rochester, Minnesota Children's Business Fair
Just a few days away, an amazing event is being held for the first time in Rochester just for kids! If you've got a young entrepreneur that is between the ages of 6 and 18, let them enjoy this free event that will help them develop and enhance business skills and possibly even earn a $50 cash prize!
“As simple as it sounds, every innovator, leader or successful entrepreneur was first a child. It’s important to not quench the curiosity and ingenuity that each child possesses. The Rochester Children’s Business Fair gives students the opportunity to launch businesses and learn valuable lessons that can be translated into other areas of life." - Brittny Major-Elechi, founder of The Daniel Christian Academy, one of the sponsors of the fair.
Details to know about the Fair
- WHO: 40 young entrepreneurs between the ages of 6 to 18
- WHAT: Children create a product or service, develop a brand, build a marketing strategy, and then open for customers at this one-day marketplace. The children are responsible for the setup, sales and interacting with customers, and any parent seen selling to the customer or promoting the child’s product will result in disqualification from the competition.
- WHEN: August 6, 2022
- TIME: 10 am until 1 pm
- WHERE: 2571 Clare Lane NE.
- COST: This event is FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
- PRIZES: Cash prizes of $50 will be awarded in each age group for “Most Business Potential”, “Most Creative Idea” and “Most Impressive Presentation”
- LEARN MORE at their Facebook event page here
The entire event is sponsored by Acton Academy, the Acton Next Great Adventure, The Daniel Christian Academy, Jay Christenson Commercial Real Estate and the generous support of our donors and volunteers, who all believe that principled entrepreneurs are heroes and role models for the next generation.