Public Commemoration Event For Rochester’s New Peace Plaza
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - An event celebrating the completion of the revamped Peace Plaza in downtown Rochester will take place Wednesday afternoon.
The City of Rochester and the Destination Medical Center Economic Development Agency are inviting the public to attend a Commemoration of Peace Plaza at 1:30 PM that will be followed by a community-hosted celebration from two until 6 PM that will include a variety of activities and musical performances.
“Partnerships have been an important piece of the Heart of the City project, so we are making partnerships a focal point of the event,” said Jamie Rothe, DMC’s Director of Community Engagement. “We want to highlight the multiple ways in which the Plaza was designed to be used by partnering with local organizations and community members.”
The commemoration will include remarks from Rochester Mayor Kim Norton and DMC Executive Director Patrick Seeb. The renovation of the Peace Plaza and surrounding areas represented the first phase of the DMC Heart of the City Project.
Activity Stations hosted by
Rochester Art Center
Rochester Public Library
- 1:55 p.m. Yoga & Mindfulness Walk hosted by Radian Sol Yoga + Grounded Evolution
- 2:00 p.m. Music by My Grandma's Cardigan
- 2:45 p.m. Live poetry & performance by Danny Solis
- 3:00 p.m. Music by The D'Sievers featuring LaSonya Natividad
- 4:00 p.m. Guided Sustainability Walk with Kevin Bright
- 4:00 p.m. Live poetry & performance by Danny Solis
- 4:15 p.m. Music by Eleanor Sievers