Rochester Man’s Prison Sentence Just Got Longer
A Rochester man has been sentenced to almost 5 years in prison for a burglary conviction involving a dangerous weapon.
29-year-old Benjamin McQuay entered a guilty plea to the charge in April through a plea agreement that led to the dismissal of felony assault charges and illegal possession of a firearm. He was accused of breaking into a home and threatening two women with a gun. One of the victims is the mother of McQuay's child. He was also given prison sentences today for another burglary conviction, a felony drug possession charge, and a conviction for violating a no-contact order.
In those cases, he is being allowed to serve those sentences concurrently with the 57-month prison term he was given for the first-degree burglary conviction involving the handgun. His sentence also runs concurrently with the prison term he is currently serving for domestic assault convictions.
Nearly Five Pounds of Meth Found in Wabasha County Drug Bust
LOOK: $259,900 2 Bedroom Condo On Top Floor of Downtown Rochester's Hotel Indigo
- A truly must-have experience living in one of Rochester’s most updated buildings with exciting, upbeat restaurant and skyway access to downtown.
- This 2 bedroom 2 bath East facing unit with balcony is sure to give you the downtown experience you're looking for conveniently connected to Mayo Clinic, restaurants, and shopping via expansive skyway and walking subway system.
- Large, ample windows throughout offer spectacular sunrise, and river views.
- In unit laundry area, freshly painted and new carpet to move in and enjoy.
- On-site security, private residential elevator and lower-level secured storage area.
- Adjacent parking ramp with reserved space is available for monthly fee. You wont want to miss this opportunity!