Seasonal Parking Ordinance Starts Oct. 1st in Rochester
A seasonal parking ordinance goes into effect October 1st through May 1st in Rochester. The parking rules (see below) are in effect regardless of the weather or the presence of snow on roadways.
Rochester Fire Chief Eric Kerska said, “Alternate side parking will help ensure our emergency vehicles, such as fire trucks and ambulances, can reach residents in an emergency. Our top priority is to get to get to those in need as quickly and safely as possible. Removal of snow is key to achieving that.”
Overview of the Seasonal Parking Requirements:
- Alternate side parking requirements are in place between 2 a.m. and 3 p.m.
During this time:
- Parking is allowed on the side of the street with EVEN house numbers when the calendar date is EVEN.
- Parking is allowed on the side of the street with ODD house numbers when the calendar date is ODD.
- There is no parking in the bulb (circular portion) of any cul-de-sac from October 1 – May 1.
- This does not apply to metered parking spaces.
- Posted signs with parking restrictions still apply at all times.
More information is available online at www.rochestermn.gov/winter.