Smoke Scare at Rochester Senior Facility
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - It was a small fire that created a lot of smoke at a northside Rochester senior living facility Friday evening.
Fire crews were called to the High Pointe Senior Community around 7 p.m. and found “some serious smoke” on the third floor of the building.
The smoke was traced to a furnace where a filter had caught fire. The fire was confined to the furnace but the smoke spread through the third floor because it was in the ventilation system.
It appears on overheated component above the filter overheated, leading to the fire.
After the smoke was cleared, residents were allowed to return to the building. It’s located at 1830 High Pointe Lane NW.
Brooke got the most votes in the Y Do You Love Your Mother Give-Away...and her story will touch your heart.