Things To Do On New Years Day. . .
Okay, what to do on the first day of the New Year, well, you are probably really tired from staying up too late and celebrating New Year’s Eve!
Here are some ideas to start your new year:
- Watch Football
New Year’s Day is a big day for College Football!
Check ESPN.com for the most up to date schedule.
- Set Personal Goals and New Year’s Resolutions
The beginning of a new year can be a fresh start and a great time to think about what you want to accomplish. Most common resolutions tend to be to lose weight, exercise more, eat better,spend more time with family and friends, volunteer, save money and/ or get out of debt.
It’s estimated that less than 10% of the population takes the time to formally define their goals.
- Re-connect with friends, family or colleagues.
- Go see a newly released movie with family or friends. You could start a New Year’s Day tradition! ( I would love to see the new animated Alvin and the Chipmunk movie with my family!)
- Put holiday decorations back in storage.
- Shop After Christmas and New Year’s Day Sales.
- Do a whole lotta nothing!
Sleep as late as possible, lounge around in comfy clothes, down an entire bag of potato chips or a plate of homemade cookies, order Chinese food, or pizza, have a movie marathon, cuddle etc, etc, etc.
Simply relax and enjoy the start of a new year!